To celebrate the new Chinese Year coming, the Year of the Goat (Goat pronounced as “Yang” in Chinese), we have collected 5 interesting facts about the Yangqin (揚琴) to wish everyone happy holidays from the Harmony Music Family.
1) Yangqin (揚琴) is introduced into China during the Ming Dynasty, the word Yang (揚) is rooted from Yang (洋), which can reference the word “foreign”.
2) Yangqin is originally developed from instruments with various names, including the Psaltery and the Dulcimer. The Yangqin we know today has gone through 400 years of improvement and modification.
3) The “8 Major Yangqin Techniques” is consolidated and developed by the Yangqin Master, Wang Yi-Fu (王沂甫) in 1950s. His performance of “Embroider Pouch” (繡荷包) is included in a representative worldwide music collection by Brown University distributed across the globe.
4) Most hammers or beaters used outside China are usually wooden. Because of the rich bamboo resources in China, beaters in China are made out of bamboo, which makes it more flexible.
5) Jiang Jun Ling (將軍令), one of the most celebrated Sichuan Yangqin songs, is originated from the Tang dynasty, more than 1000 years ago. After years of revisions, Jiang Jun Ling has gradually integrated the part for Yangqin that became indispensable and brings out the passion of the score.
Your shopping cart is empty! HK$0.00 HK$0.00